Happy Thanksgiving to my US based readers
- Basic Micro-Optimizations – Karl Seguin discusses the basics behind optimisation of code, looking at some of the considerations you should be making when performing optimisation work.
- Make Any Framework Suck Less With These 10 Insightful Lessons – High Scalability Blog highlights a piece from Alexey Migutsky on making frameworks suck less.
- The Top 5 Mistakes AngularJS Developers Make Part 1: Relying on $scope – Jeremy Likness kicks off a new series looking at some of the common mistakes that developers working on the Angular platform work.
- Speech Recognition in ASP.NET – Ricardo Peres takes a look at using the .NET Framework’s built in speech recognition from ASP.NET
- How to implement User Role Management with ASP.NET Identity 2.0 – Mike Benkovich takes a look at ASP,NET Identity and discusses its use for standard user role management.
- Constrained C# – Paulo Zemek discusses how evolution in language restricts what we can do as developers but leads us to having better more reliable code, proposing a series of changes to C# to help further this cause and get us to having applications which do not crash
- Evolving ASP.NET Apps – Updating Pop3 Integration – Simon Timms continues his series looking at updating a legacy ASP.NET application to take advantage of features introduced in subsequent versions of the framework, looking at the reading of email from POP3 in this part.
- Azure : Redis Cache – Sacha Barber continues his how to do things in Azure series with a look at using the Azure Redis based cache, exploring the setup via the portal and the use from code.
- State Management in ASP.NET: Everything You Need to Know – iSahilSharma gives a primer on the various different types of state that exist in the ASP.NET world